HOME : What we do:
The Haven-Torbay provides a safe and welcoming space for all homeless and vulnerable people regardless of background, faith, race, gender or age in the centre of Paignton
- Breakfast after a cold night.
- Tea, coffee and light refreshments anytime we are open
- A warm place to go if you are living on the street
- A listening ear and practical support if you are struggling with practical, social or emotional issues.
- A signposting service : we continue to build and maintain links with local agencies official and voluntary and can signpost visitors to those services they most need. We also have many contacts with local landlords
- Free use of our telephone and computer for accessing housing and other agencies
- Advice, often expert advice, on housing, government agencies etc.
- Food and clothing – we maintain a small stock of food, clothing and bedding for those in need.
- Cooking and shower facilities for those who do not have their own.
- A mail box for those without a front door.
- Registration for ToWNS – the winter night shelter service of the Torbay churches
- Links to Anode for those needing larger food parcels, or furniture
- A large meeting room, which can be used for meetings and groups as well as having it available for artwork and other activities by our visitors
- A kitchen used by various churches to provide Saturday lunches from time to time